It is Maharashtrian dish. It’s sproute made in spicy gravy. Very popular
among “Mumbaiker”. It is served with ladi pav.
- CAYENNE PEPPER
- CORIANDER SEEDS
- CUMIN SEEDS
- CARAWAY SEEDS
- TURMERIC POWDER
- PEPPER CORN
- BLACK CARDAMOM
- STONE FLOWER
- BAY LEAF
- NAG KESAR
- NIGER SEED
- STAR ANEE SEED
- SESAME SEED
- DRY COCONUT
To derive perfect taste one should take help of Nani’s Natural Usal-Misal
Masala which consist 20 spices.
(4 – Bowls)
- 1 Cup Matki (Soaked for 8 Hrs.) * 2 Tbs spoon Nani’s Natural Usal Missal Masala
- ½ Cup Moog (Soaked for 8 Hrs.) * 1 Tbs. chopped coriander leaves
- ½ Cup white Vatana (Soaked for 8 Hrs.) * 10 – 12 Curry leaves
- 1 Cup boiled potato cubes * 1 Large Lemon’s juice
- 2 Large chopped onions * 6 Tbs. cooking oil
- 3 Large chopped tomatoes * 1 Tsp Mustard seed
- 1 Tbs Ginger – chili paste * 2 Tbs. Red chili powder
- 8 – 10 Cloves garlic paste * 2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste * 8 Tbs. Farsan chivda
- Put soaked lentils with 6-7 cups of lukewarm water in a pressure cooker and adds 1 Tsp Turmeric powder, 1 Tsp salt, and cook for 4-5 whistle at Medium Flame. Allow it to cool.
- Heat 6 Tbs. oil in a pan, crackle the mustard seeds first, add chopped onions and sauté till translucent. Add curry leaves, ginger- chili paste, garlic paste and stir for two minute. Add chopped tomatoes, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and sauté for a while. Add 2 Tbs. Nani’s Natural Usal Missal Masala. Stir well and sauté it for 3 minutes.
- Add boiled potato cubes
- Add the boiled Lentils with water and simmer this for 8-10 minutes on a slow flame with occasional stirring.
- Lastly add drops of lemon juice to taste stir and garnish with green coriander leaves.
Ingredients for serving:
- 1 Onion finally chopped
- 1 Tomato deseeded & chopped
Farsan or chivda