An exquisite blend of 21 pure spices. Chhole is a regular fare for lunch
and dinner in North India. Punjabi Chhole ka Masala is a special masala primarily used
to make the Chole Bhature.
Do you re-call the Chole Bhature from Cream Center or Haldirams? If yes, you would
agree that they all have something in their Chole recipe that makes them stand out.
Here is an attempt to match that taste, flavor, aroma and looks. Nani’s Natural Chhole
Masala will help you make the charismatic Amritsari Chhole.
It has been tried and tested by us multiple times in our kitchen and we assure you of the
- CAYENNE PEPPER
- CORIANDER SEEDS
- CUMIN SEEDS
- CARAWAY SEEDS
- BLACK CARDAMOM
- BAY LEAF
- NUT MEG
- STAR ANEE SEED
- RAW MANGO POWDER
- SESAME SEED
- POMEGRANATE SEED
- FENUGREEK SEED
- DRY GINGER
- BLACK SALT
Used almost invariably in a variety of preparations involving chickpeas.
(This recipe we have divided in to two parts for better understanding)
PART: I (Boiling Chickpeas has unique method or you can say that it has hidden punch line of the Amritsari Chole)
- 2 Cups Chickpeas (Kabuli Chana) * ½ Tsp Baking soda
- 2 Tsp Salt * 2 Tea bags or tie some tea leaf in white cloth
Direction for Boiling Chole:
- Wash Chickpeas once with lukewarm water then 4 to 5 times with normal water.
- Soak the chickpeas in clean lukewarm water over night or 6 to 8 hrs.
- After 8 hrs. Strain chickpeas and boil the strained water.
- Now placed the soaked chickpeas in the boiled water, add some more hot water if required.
- Add ½ Tsp baking powder, 2 Tsp salt, 2 Tea bags and put the vessel in a pressure cooker on medium flame for 5 to 6 whistle. Allow it to cool.
- Strain the chickpeas, remove the tea bag. Save the water which will be black in color to add to the gravy when required.
PART: II (Gravy)
- 1 Large onion (Chopped) * 2 Tbs Nani’s Natural Chole Masala
- 3 Large tomatoes (Blanched & Pureed) * 3 Tbs finally chopped coriander leaves
- 2 Tbs ginger garlic paste * 2 Bay leaves
- 3 Green chili (Finally chopped) * 1 Tea spoon sugar
- 1 Tbs red chili powder * 6 Tbs cooking oil
- 2 Tea spoon turmeric powder * 3 Tbs fresh cream
Salt as per taste.