Dabeli is innovation of Kutch which is situated in Gujarat State of India. So it is known as
Kutchhi Dabeli as well. It is a mouth watering Indian street food in which special spicy masala is used.
- CORIANDER SEEDS
- CUMIN SEEDS
- RED CHILLI
- BLACK PEPPER CORN
- RAW MANGO POWDER
- FENNEL SEEDS
- BAY LEAVES
- DRY GINGER
- ROCK SALT
Dabeli can occupy the special space in evening snacks as well as one of the starter in
any chaat party.
(5 – Pcs)
(This recipe is in four parts. But very easy to prepare at home. )
PART – I
Ingredients for Red chutney:
- 4 Red whole Kashmiri chili * 4 to 5 garlic clove
(Soaked for 30 min. in water) * 2 Tsp red chili powder
- 2 Tsp Salt
- Grind the soaked Kashmiri chili, garlic clove, salt & red chili powder with some water in to the smooth paste. Keep aside.
PART – II
Ingredients for sweet & sour chutney:
- 6 Dates (Seed less) * 2 Tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 Tbs shredded jiggery * 1 Tsp red chili powder.
- 1 Tbs. tamarind * 1 Tsp salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a pan, add 2 cups of water and boil for 5 minutes. Allow to cool. Grind this in mixture for smooth chutney.
PART – III
Ingredients for potato filling:
- 3 Medium sized potato (Boiled, peeled & Mashed) * 2 Tbs. Nani’s Natural Dabeli Masala
- 1 Onion ( Finally Chopped) * 1 Lemon’s juice
- 2 Tbs. sugar * 6 Tbs cooking oil
- 1 Tsp Asafetida * Salt as per taste
- Heat oil, add Asafetida, chopped onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add Nani’s Natural Dabeli Masala and mix well.
- Add mashed potatoes, lemon juice, and sugar, salt and mix well, Cook for 3 – minutes stirring the mixture.
- Add red chutney, coriander leaves mix well. If the mixture looks dry then add some water stir well and remove from flame. Allow it to cool
PART – IV:
Ingredients for serving:
- 5 Bun pav * ½ Cup roasted Masala Peanuts.
- ½ cup Pomegranate * ½ Cup Nylon Sev
- 5 Tbs butter * Sweet & sour chutney
- Cut the pav horizontally and apply sweet & sour chutney to both slices on the insides. Take one scoop of potato filling and put it on top of one slice of bread.
- Now sprinkle some chopped onion, coriander leaves, roasted Masala Peanuts, Pomegranate seeds on top of the slice and top it with Nylon Sev.
- Cover with the other slice and roast in one tsp butter on both sides and serve hot.