Frankie is another popular street food item. It is hot favourite among children, college student and working class youngster. Simply it can be described as stuffing spread on roti or wrap sprinkled with some salad, chaat masala and rolled out with cheese. Nani’s Natural Frankie Masala is a complete blend for stuffing. Except additional salt nothing is required to get tasty Frankie
- CUMIN SEEDS
- PEPPER CORN
- RAW MANGO POWDER
- BLACK SALT
- COMMON SALT
Popular snack and starter.
(Frankie is very easy to make. It is to be done in three parts i.e. preparation of wraps, stuffing & masala mixture)
Part – I: Whole wheat wrap
- ½ Cup whole wheat flour * ½ Tsp. oil
- ½ Cup plain flour * Salt as per required
- Wheat flour for dusting
- Mix all the ingredients and knead the flour with water. Cover this for 20 minutes.
- Knead well and make four nice and thin roti out of this dough
- Roast this roti on tava half cooked. Keep aside
Part – II: Stuffing
- 1 ¾ Cup boiled peeled & mashed potatoes * Nani’s Natural Frankie Masala
- 1 ½ Tbs. Butter * Finally chopped coriander leaves
- ¾ Tsp. red chili powder * Salt as per taste
- ½ Tbs Chili – ginger paste * ½ Tbs. Garlic paste
- ½ Cup chopped capsicum * ½ cup deseeded chopped tomato
- Heat butter in broad non stick pan. Add ginger – chili & garlic paste and sauté on medium flame for one minute. Add Nani’s Natural Frankie Masala, chili powder, mashed potato, chopped capsicum, chopped tomato, chopped coriander leaves and salt as per taste. Mix well and cook for two minutes and keep aside.
Part – III: (Onion masala)
- ½ Cup finely chopped onion. * 2 Tbs grated cheese
- ½ Tsp Nani’s Natural Chaat Masala * Salt to taste
Method: Mix everything well. Keep aside
- Place some butter on the tava and lightly roast the half cooked roti on the tava with slow flame. Cook both the side of roti very lightly. Sprinkle Onion masala mixture all over on roti. Place stuffing in the center of roti horizontally as a cylindrically. Roll roti from both side and make Frankie cylinder serve hot.
NOTE: For Jains
Potato will be replaced with raw banana and Onion with shredded cabbage