The word “Biryani” comes from the Persian word “birian” which means “
fried before cooking”. Another intresting story traces the origins of the dish to Mughal
No wedding or party’s, lunch/dinner is complete without Rice in India. Biryani is
considered as most popular version of rice. It is even one meal item which is served with
curd or raita. To cook it without big hurdle is to add Nani’s Natural Biryani Masala
which gives perfect blend of taste, aroma and eye pleasing colour.
- CORIANDER SEEDS
- CUMIN SEEDS
- CARAWAY SEEDS
- KASHMIRI CHILLI
- PEPPER CORN
- BLACK CARDAMOM
- DRY GINGER
- STAR ANISE
- STONE FLOWER
- KAPOK BUD
- NUT MEG
- BAY LEAF
- FENNEL SEED
- ROCK SALT
Biryani, Pulav can either be Veg. or Non-Veg. preparation usually made during
special occasions.It is a whole meal by itself.
VEGETABLE – BIRYANI
(4 – Person)
- 2 Cups long – grained rice * 2 Cups chopped mix vegetable (Carrot, French
- 5 Tbs. Ghee beans, Potatoes ,Cauliflower & ½ cup green peas)
- 4 pieces 1” long each of Cinnamon * 2 Tbs. finally chopped coriander leaves
- 4 Clove * 2 Tbs. finally chopped mint leaves (Phudina)
- 3 Cardamoms * 1 ½ Tbs. Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Cup chopped onion for cooking * 1 Tbs finally chopped green chili paste
- ½ Cup sliced onion for garnishing * 1 Tsp Lemon juice, 2 Bay leaf
- 1 ½ Cup chopped tomatoes * Oil for cooking
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder * Red kashmiri chili powder
- 1 ½ Tbs. Nani’s Natural Biryani Masala * 12 to 15 fried Cashew nuts
- Salt as per taste
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for approx 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Boil 6 cups of water, add some salt & 1 Tbs ghee. Add rice at the boiling point of water and cook till it is 80% done. Each grain of rice should be separate. Drain and discard the water and pass through cold water, drain and keep aside.
- Boil 4 cups of water and at the boiling point put chopped mix vegetable for par boiling. Drain the water and pass through the cold water, drain it and allow cooling.
- Heat the ghee in deep pan, add Cinnamon, Cardamom, Clove, Bay leaf etc, Further add chopped Onion, Tomatoes and sauté for at least 3 minutes, Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt & Nani’s Natural Biryani Masala and mix well, cook this for another 3 minutes. Add par boiled mix vegetables, mix well and cook for another 2 minutes. Keep aside this mixture
- Put small pan on stove, add 1 Tbs. ghee, add sliced onions and fry them till brown. Keep aside.
How to proceed:
- Divide the rice into two equal portions and spread one portion as a layer over greased baking bowl. Sprinkle coriander, mint leaves and lemon juice over it.
- Now spread mix vegetable gravy as second layer over the rice and finally with the remaining rice portion complete the third layer. Lastly sprinkle fried onion, fried cashew nuts.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 degree centigrade for 20 to 25 minutes.